Saturday 13 April 2013

Monarch using D30 foam in their new kit

With the rumour/info tidbit going around that Monarch were (are!) using D30 foam in their new designs, has been confirmed to be true. By the company, nonetheless! Although, they may need to work on building up interest!! Obo had considered using at as far as I know (when it came into use four years or so ago), but I for one want to see it used and made available to hockey goalkeeper kit. I think it requires more of a bespoke production approach, as much as I know about D30 because I think the way the properties work it has to be individually done versus batch processed or "mass produced" (more time consuming; time is money and all that!), but probably wrong (as usual, failed journalist, need to get my facts right!).

Either way, I've always been interested in D30 foam after finding out about its uses and properties. While people may consider as Monarch being a little behind on things, at least this shows they are looking ahead and bringing themselves up to date, if not ahead, of other companies, potentially. I'd like to see how much the innovation that D30 provides can be brought into goalkeeping and made use of by goalkeepers and their equipment. It should theoretically provide for lightweight body armour and shorts, with the same shot absorbing impact protection. Theoretically! But it would be good for companies to remain forward thinking and see what they can come up with, to push the boundaries on what is possible and what is available to us as goalkeepers.




No comments:

Post a Comment