Saturday 13 April 2013

And... the votes are in!

For some reason I made a hash of the poll, itself, so I did my best to note down the votes!

And, tallying them up, it looks like the followers of this blog think Weinhold is top dog! Interesting to consider it was the Dutch and German goalkeepers that were voted for, even if it was a small amount of votes to analyse!

And, they are as followers (if I managed to remember them right, the poll kept erasing the actual votes!):



Weinhold 3

Blaak 2

Reuss 1


Personally, I think I'm on my way to becoming a big fan of Reuss, with his confidence and technical skill combining to put in dominating performances (as you want a goalkeeper to do for your team!) whilst Blaak put in a worldly elite standard game in spite of the score. Even so, whilst I'm not always the biggest fan of Weinhold's technique, no-one can deny he has bags of confidence and looks comfortable at that level (versus a jittery bag of nerves that doesn't play well because they're scored of shots coming their way!), so at ease, that he's so laid back he could fall over! He did pull of same important saves though.

Anyways, onwards and upwards and it will be interesting to see how the goalkeepers for their respective teams perform in the semi-finals and finals in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment