Tuesday 5 March 2013

Bailey in another possible injury occuring incident

Injuries for goalkeepers seem pretty rare for the EHL (although Rooke obviously got injured two games ago and I think Isaacs took a knock a while back) and this season there seems to be a few. I also think Potton at EG took a knock last season or even further back (losing my memory, eesh!) but carried on playing as there was no reserve etc. Maybe it's just that I'm not aware of them, but hey! Looks like Reading's James Bailey took an awkward knock between the knee, shorts and pad, I think. I think Burgers took a hit like this in the Olympics a while back. If your shorts aren't long enough and sit high on the leg and there is a gap with the pad (Obo's knee pads have tried to remedy this, although there is no protection for the knee cap I feel unfortunately, pretty difficult to pull off kit wise), then it's obviously exposed and could get hit, even if the risks/percentages are low. Presume he carried on playing and hope he's back in action soon.



Other photo without proper indication of the injury is a bit random took look at given the angle!




No comments:

Post a Comment